Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day 27 - Saturday, January 8, 2011

Here's our menu for the day:

I'm pretty sure I have mentioned how the whole journey is about more than just the numbers...but being a "numbers kind of gal" - they are still important to me...so here's the number some of you have been waiting for...

Early this morning, I had my final weigh in and I am very pleased with the results!  I lost a total of 20 pounds in the past month!!  Last week, I checked my weight & at that point I had lost 12 pounds.  I readjusted my overall goal and hoped to lose 15 pounds.  I can't believe I lost 8 pounds in just the last week!  When you see me, you may not notice the difference and that's okay.  The biggest difference to me is in my mind, rather than visible to others around me.  I feel calmer & have more peace of mind.

My husband came on the hike with me today & I chose to do the infamous "stop sign" hike again.  I improved my time again by a few minutes and certainly felt a lot stronger than the previous 2 times I have done this hike!  It was nice to have him hike it with me.  I told him I needed him to tell me stories at the end, just to distract me.

Later in the day, we came back to Snow Canyon State Park to geocache & verified what the hiking guides always tell us about the hike.  The altitude at the beginning of the hike was about 3100 feet and 4.3 miles later, the altitude was about 4100 feet at the stop sign.

Here are some photos from the hike:


 Looks like a cactus tree to me...
Later in the afternoon, we came back to Snow Canyon State Park to geocache.  These photos were taken then:
Note the climber in the lower right...
 Here's some more pioneer graffiti...and some present day graffiti as well...




 Doesn't it look like the trees are growing out of the lava rock??
This was taken in a creek bed...not sure if the line on the rocks is where the water flowed from 2 weeks ago or not...



1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad your hubs got to share some of the experience with you! And once again, the scenery you get to hike through is just beautiful. And my last comment is...that rock climber dude is NUTS!!! He's doing that without a net!

    ReplyDelete