Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day 24 - Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My shin still hurts this morning, but not as bad as yesterday.  I decided to take a hike around the town of Ivins rather than go with the van.  If my leg hurts too much, I can go back to the gym & ride the bike or go on the elliptical.  I ended up not needing to come back to the gym early.  In the afternoon, I switched between the bike & the elliptical with no pain.  Of course later someone pointed out to me that I would burn significantly more calories on the elliptical as opposed to the bike.  Gee, I wish I had thought about it sooner because I would have spent more time on the elliptical.

After our mountain cardio class, I was asked to join two other women in a...

JAIL BREAK!!

Who me?  I am such a rule follower that at first, I had my doubts...but then I heard the reason & I was on board for the break out!!  Our dinner was Salmon & Couscous & it was a total of 600 calories.  The driver (who was not a fan of salmon) looked online & found out that Applebee's has a good selection of meals under 550 calories!  Cool!!  She wrote down the calories of several selections & we were on our way.  I don't think I have ever anticipated a trip to Applebee's before!!  I don't know that I have enjoyed a meal as much at Applebee's!

Here is a photo of my meal:

Signature Sirloin with Garlic Herb Shrimp


As the calorie count for these fabulous meal was only 500 calories (not sure how they did it, but they did!), we still had 100 calories left to equal what we would have gotten back at the resort.  Hmmm...what should we do??  Apparently in secret conversations, it has become known that there is a frozen yogurt place in St. George that has been visited by some other guests...I'm not telling who!  We saw it on the way to Applebee's & determined if our calorie count was still less than 600, we would pay it a visit on the way back. 

It is a self-serve yogurt place...yep, they let you operate the machine yourself...with numerous flavors of frozen yogurt & lots of toppings.  I got 4 ounces of red velvet frozen yogurt, which was one of their "guilt-free" choices and according to the website below, it was a whopping 32 calories!!!  And it was DELICIOUS on top of it!!

http://www.only8frozenyogurt.com/only8nutritional.html

If I was looking for a franchise opportunity, I would certainly consider this one!!

http://kraveyogurt.com/

So, I was a rebel with a cause...and I ended up eating 532 calories at Applebee's & Krave...had I stayed at the resort, I would have had 600 calories!

Mitzi

Here are some photos from my hike today:


3 comments:

  1. Jail Breaker!! How funny, but it does some delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful scenery! Also, it sounds like your "jail break" is helping you to prep for life back in the real world. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud of you for going against your "norm" and being a rule breaker...and yet you watched the calories anyway! See all the great things you learned?!? I miss you and miss FR. Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete