Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day 26 - Friday, January 7, 2011

Here's our menu for the day:


Last full day at the resort...and I was able to get my highest calorie burn yet - 5738 calories!!  My shin FINALLY felt better, so it was off on the hiking trail for me!  Our hike was called "Chuckwalla" & it intersected with the hike that I did on Saturday.  I was at the front of the pack, which meant I got a few breathers here & there.  I chose "mountain" cardio class instead of a stretch class & then in the afternoon I did two circuits (alternating between cardio & weight machines) and the much anticipated Zumba class.

Actually the Zumba teacher today was the best one so far...but I am still "so far" from being able to do it without completing laughing at myself!  Little did I know at the time, but the videographer captured me laughing at myself doing Zumba & it made the DVD that is created each week & shown on Saturday night.

I have to tell you about yesterday at the end of the day.  During our last class, I was on the elliptical & giving it my best effort.  My friend told me later that even though she was in front of me, she could see my pigtails going up & down like crazy during the workout!  One of the trainers got to laughing that it would make a good commercial for an elliptical machine to show me on it with fire coming out of my pigtails!  Glad I could provide some humor to those around me!

Speaking of hairstyles, I was confusing someone earlier in the week.  She was new this week & we sat next to each other at dinner on Sunday night (my hair was worn down, like most people are used to seeing it).  On the hike on Monday morning, I wore my usual attire...tye-die bandana with black hat, sunglasses & my winter hat.  I like to have my hair away from my face, but covering my neck when I hike.  When I do cardio, I can't stand to have it around my neck, so I put it up in pigtails.  My hair isn't long enough for one ponytail.  During swim class, I wear a pink swim cap & my goggles.  By the end of the day on Monday, this woman had no idea that I had been in her group all day because everytime she saw me, I looked completely different!

Friday night after dinner, my husband arrived at the resort for a visit.  He had been in Phoenix for work all week & needed to be there next week as well.  He decided to visit me there because he might only see me for 5 minutes in the airport on Sunday.  It was good to see him & to get a chance to show him around the resort.

Here is some of my group on the hike making shadows figures while standing on "Turtle Wall".

 View from the overlook on our hike...look at the beautiful colors!
 We passed this dog & his owner on the hike.  I had to take a photo because the dog looked very similar to my dog as a puppy!

No comments:

Post a Comment