Sunday, December 26, 2010

2 Weeks Down, 2 Weeks to Go...

I am at the halfway point in my journey here at Fitness Ridge in Utah. I'm looking forward to the next 2 weeks and all the calories that will be burned here!

Christmas Eve turned out to be different than all of us thought it would be!  My parents ended up driving back early to beat the snow storm that was headed across the country.  Friday afternoon, my husband found out that their early morning flight to FL was cancelled...so he gave my daughters 10 minutes to finish packing & then they left for the airport!  They arrived in time to make the 5:45 flight & arrived safely later on that night.

At dinner time, I was invited to go to a Christmas Eve service at the St. George Tabernacle Church.  It was a really nice program with a sing along, some beautiful soloists & a nice Christmas message.  It was the first time I had ever attended a Morman service.  Afterwards, we drove by the Temple (see photo below) in town & then a quick trip to Walgreen's before heading back to Fitness Ridge.


Christmas morning we got up and went for a 2 hour hike.  It was really nice & I FINALLY felt strong again!  I can honestly say I have never taken a hike on Christmas morning before!!

Here's the menu from Christmas Day:
The egg nog milkshake was actually quite good!

Here's today's menu:


Mitzi

No comments:

Post a Comment