Tuesday, November 9, 2010

2 hour bike ride = 1100+ calorie burn!


Today I went riding with my biking buddy who gave me tips on biking, physics & other good stuff!  We rode for 22.3 miles in a little more than 2 hours with a total calorie burn of 1171 calories!!  Along the way, she gave me tips on surviving hills, explained cadences, showed me how to put the chain back on my bike and used physics terms to help me understand the differences in hills (complex ones vs. straight inclines...who knew?).  Quite the wealth of knowledge, huh?

2 comments:

  1. Seriously?! A 22.3 mile bike ride! Good for you, Mitzi. The bike ride sounds great but I must confess the physics portion wouldn't have worked for me. I still have residual nightmares leftover from my college physics class! Ha, ha! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The physics lesson certainly went over my head! She was trying to explain why the hill was so hard...me, I was just trying to catch my breath again!

    ReplyDelete